This year BOTH of our kids wanted Star Wars birthday parties. Here are some ideas on how we made it happen for them…
We made the Ewok hood and staff for Zander. He wore his Chewbacca jammies with it, which worked perfectly.
We made Zoey’s Princess Leia dress and hair buns and painted her water gun blaster black.
Made these simple light saber napkins using a printable found online.
Created some signs for food/utensils.
Found some hexagon crackers to use for Tie Fighters. Used cream cheese to ‘glue’ it all together.
Made these cupcake toppers square because they are much easier to cut than circular ones!
For Zoey, we made Princess Leia cupcakes. These were incredibly easy to make!
- Frost entire cupcake with white frosting
- Create hair using chocolate frosting. I put some in a ziplock bag, cut a small hole in the corner and squeezed the frosting out of the hole.
- Eyes are mini chocolate chips
- Mouth is heart shaped sprinkles
- To add Oreo hair buns, insert a toothpick into the center of the cookie, then insert the opposite side of the toothpick into the cupcake.
For Zander, we made made light saber cupcakes. Again, easy and self explanatory.
Hung up some Death Star beach balls and toy Tie Fighters for decor.
Darth Vader made a special appearance and had some fun of his own.
We had the fun opportunity to go to Comic-Con this year and these were our cosplay costumes. Check out the tutorials.
Hope this gave you some great ideas for you Star Wars party. Would love you hear from you and see your own creations!