Who knew tags could be so fascinating? Zander loved tags as a baby. Whatever toy/blanket we gave him, he eventually found his way to the tag, especially the silky ones. With this new found knowledge and Zoey in my belly, I decided to make her her very own tag blankie she could carry with her everywhere. I used ultra soft minky material for both sides and looped the ribbon/tags so it could easily be attached to a car seat/exersaucer/etc. with a ring. It’s perfect for playing or just plain snuggling.
Here’s a look into how I made it:
- Cut front and back pieces of fabric 12×12
- Cut 16 (15 if you’re using your label as a tag) pieces of ribbon, 4.5 inches long
- Sandwich right sides of fabric together with ribbons folded in half in between the two pieces of fabric
- Pin everything in place
- Sew around entire blankie and leave an opening at least 2-3 inches for turning
- Cut excess ribbon to minimize bulk
- Add a top stitch around entire blankie, including the opening left for turning.
There you have it. A fun little toy/snuggly blanket for your baby to go crazy with their fascination with tags.
If you make your own, I’d love to see/hear how it turned it!